Running Start is a statewide program allowing 11th and 12th grade high school students to take courses at Big Bend, our local community college. Each college course successfully completed can earn both high school and college credit.
The term ‘Running Start’ means the enrollment of an eligible student in the school district and community college or solely in the community college courses, for the purpose of earning both high school credit to be awarded by the school district, and additional college level credit as may be awarded by the community college. (RCW 28A.600.390)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Pays for Running Start
- Why Consider Running Start
- Why Not Running Start?
- Important Information and Responsibilities
- Who is Eligible
- Running Start Funding Table
- Running Start Equivalent Courses
- Running Start Enrollment Checklist