Summer Principal's Message
It’s now summer vacation, following yet another crazy, but luckily, bit more traditional school year. I know it may not seem like it right now, as I know we are all exhausted following a challenging school year, but the 2022-2023 school year will be here soon. We are very excited for this and for being able to work with students and families to do all we can to meet the social / emotional and academic needs of students. With that said, I encourage you to allow this summer vacation to be what it is intended to be. I encourage you to focus on your family and enjoy it together. I encourage you to take time to rest, relax, enjoy nature and experience life to the fullest.
As the middle of August arrives, I ask you remember the following important dates:
- 8/15/22 at 8:00 am – EMS Office Reopens
- 8/26/22 – 1st Qtr. Student Schedules Available
- These will be available via Family Access in Skyward (click HERE to login) and in the EMS Office.
- 9/1/22 – First Day of Fall Sports
- All students MUST be fully cleared* (including and up to day Sports Physical) to practice (click HERE for info. on how to clear a student)
- 8/29/22 & 8/30/22 – Student & Family Orientation
- Due to these being considered school days, ALL students must schedule* and attend their orientation.
*Info on how to schedule an orientation will be provided to students and their families prior to 8/15/22.
- 9/1/22 at 7:50 am – First Day of In-Person Classes
Also, I want you to be aware of the following…
- EMS Summer Officer Hours
- EMS Supply List
- EMS Dress Code
- 2022-2023 Class Schedules
- 2022-2023 School Calendar
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be with your amazing students as I serve as the EMS principal! I want you to know I continue to feel truly blessed! We truly have staff, students and families who are second to no one. Also, please know that the staff at EMS, including myself, are only resting slightly this summer as we are doing everything we can to put plans in place to begin to fill in the missing pieces from this past couple of years and make the 2022-2023 school year the best year ever!
- Ken Murray