2019 Bond Original Commitments
Improved Safety, Security and Other Facility Needs
Original Bond Flyer Language: In the 2019 Bond, the Ephrata School District divided the long-term needs of the district into two phases. Phase I consists of the items below. Phase II will be reviewed in 2028-2029 when Parkway becomes eligible for state matching funds."
The Commitment: Increased Safety & Security District-Wide
- Improve and add lighting
- Upgrade video systems, add keyless entry & auto locking doors
- Install fencing to create a safety barrier for students & staff
The Commitment: New Classrooms
- Construct eight permanent classrooms to replace portables at Columbia Ridge Elementary. Also addresses long-range planning.
The Commitment: Three New Multi-purpose Gyms
- Multi-purpose gyms will be large enough to address current and future enrollment as well as co-curricular needs.
- Build multi-purpose gyms at Columbia Ridge and Grant Elementary to accommodate PE, music, band and community events.
- Build multi-purpose gyms at EMS to accommodate a weight room, PE locker rooms, a standard basketball court, bleachers & music.
The Commitment: Enlarging Cafeterias
- Remove music stages from Columbia Ridge and Grant Elementary cafeterias.
- Enlarge and reconfigure cafeterias after relocating the music programs to the new gyms.
The Commitment: Office Remodels
- Remodel office spaces at Columbia Ridge and Grant Elementary to allow staff to have a direct line of sight to the front door & the ability to control entry into the buildings
The Commitment: Performing Arts Center (PAC) and PAC Gym
- Renovate existing PAC: Increase ceiling height, replace stage and rigging, upgrade to theater seating, add new entryway doors, upgrade sound and lighting along with control panels.
- Remodel PAC gym area used for band & choir performance: Upgrade sound and lighting, new control panels, new seating and acoustical treatments, while maintaining the ability to house all current PE and athletic events.
The Commitment: Roofs
- Replace roofs with a 15-year roofing product to protect our schools' assets.